Saturday, February 25, 2012

Elephants, Big Buddha, Ocean, and Motorbikes (kinda) - 2/25

So first and foremost I would like start with, Jenn and I are in the Guinness book of world records now

well not officially

Jenn's bf filled us in on a record setting event that was occurring, swimming related.  So apparently between 4 and 5 am people were meeting to swim all at once to beat the world record for most people swimming (?!?!?, unable to verify via my google searching). But regardless we decided to represent Phuket by being in the water here at the same time.

And we did it.

Shining examples of commitment and success!  I mean nothing screams dedicated like climbing into 80 degree water post sunset and floating for 10 minutes.

So yeah, kinda a big deal now.

---
I remembered some goodies from yesterday, so I will start with those ----

*BD and JD floating in the water with life vests (yeah life vest, so) at Maya Beach out way deep like 10 ft*
BD: Dude, life vest are awesome.
JD: Yeah, it just keeps you afloat.
*Worker from the boat waves us back to come back to leave (the boat is deep too)
BD: I think we have to go back.
JD: Ok let's swim over.
*start "swimming"*
Thai Lifeguard (in kayak): You need help
BD: Huh?
TL: You need help back to the boat.
BD: No
TL: You sure you ok.
BD: yes we are just slow swimmers.
*TL paddles away*
BD: holy crap apparently were that bad of swimmers that we look like we are drowing even with life vests on.

-----
Vendor: Good day Mate!
JD:  Hi
Vendor: You from Australia?
JD: No
Vendor: China?

ahahahahha!

----
So for today ---

*BD walking down the street and old man dead (think German man in his late 60's/70's) stops directly infront of her*
BD (in her head): Oh my gosh, it's so hot, is he having a heart attack, is he dying?
*Man shifts to the side to let BD pass.  She walks by*
Old Man *stares directly at BD*: Mmmmm Mmmmm
CREEPY

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment