This post is purely for information purposes for others traveling to Iceland. When researching "Iceland in March", I realized very few people visit in Iceland in March or, at least if they do, they don't write about it. So to hopefully help someone plan their trip, I wanted to outline our TENTATIVE itinerary for our trip. I say tentative because depending on weather and road conditions, we may need to adjust our route. I also hope to do an entry at the end regarding the things we accomplished and any suggestions I would have for a March Icelandic adventure. If I do, I will up date this post to show the link to that post so you don't have to read through all my daily awkward blog entries. Anyways, here are the details:
March 7 - March 15, 2014
Friday 3/7
Arrive Reykjavik 6:35am
Pick up Car Rental (Sad Cars)
Check into hotel (Best Western Reykjavik)
Visit Blue Lagoon
Saturday 3/8
Reykjavik City Self Tour (we are planning our tour based off of our google research)
Northern Lights Tour - I am not sure the specific tour because it came as a part of the flight/hotel package we got on travelzoo. But it is through Iceland Travels
Sunday 3/9
Day Trip to Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Monday 3/10
Check out of Reykjavik hotel
Tour - the Golden Circle which includes the following sights - Þingvellir National Park, Geysir area, Gullfoss waterfall, Faxi waterfall, Skálholt, and Kerið volcano.
Stay in Laugarvatn (Hotel Héraðskólinn)
Tuesday 3/11
Leave Laugarvatn and drive to Vik.
Sights along the way include - Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss, Eyjafjallajokull aka E-1, and Dyrhólaey peninsula
Stay in Vik (Hotel Katla Hofdabrekka)
Wednesday 3/12
Leave Vik and drive to Hofn
Sights along the way include Vik Black Sand Beaches, Fjadrargljufur gorge, Skaftafell National Park, and Jökulsárlón - Glacier lagoon
Stay in Hofn (Dynjandi Guesthouse)
Thursday 3/13
Leave Hofn to return to Vik
Glacier walks along the way -
Blue Ice Experience - picks up from Skaftafell
Blue Ice Adventure - picks up from Sólheimajökull
Stay in Vik (Grand Guesthouse Gardakot)
Friday 3/14
Leave Vik and return to Reykjavik
Visit Arnarker Cave
Stay in Reykjavik (Hansen Apartments)
Saturday 3/15
Last minute shopping in Reykjavik
Depart Reykjavik 5PM
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment