Thursday, September 30, 2010

T minus 12 hours

It's almost time!! So I'm still at work, mmm stratch that, that would actually infer i'm working. More accurately, I am still sitting at my desk, anxiously counting down the minutes until I can leave. Which really isn't any different than any other day, except what happens after work today is amazing. Well except for the brutal mid-afternoon commute up to LAX. Blah, but totally worth it!!

So at this time, I would like to introduce you to the two unfortunate souls that will be stuck with me for the next 504 hours (aka three weeks)

First off, my lovely little cousin Julie (aka Jules, to me at least). This is me and Jules, she's a bit older now. In fact she will be celebrating her 21st birthday while we are in Oz (October 17)! Don't forget to wish her a happy birthday! Jules is going to school to become a profiler, so watch out serial killers. She's basically going to get to work with the likes of Dexter. She super sweet and really funny (in an awesome sarcastic way)! Stoked to spend 3 weeks with her.








Next, we have the lovely Miss Maria. We go way back, to like June 2010, old school I know. Maria and I met through church. She's an Encinitas native (what what!!), who went to school in HI, and traveled with ywam for missions! She's a ridiculous good surfer that can out rip any dude in the water. Surfing with her is awesome, dudes always look at her and then look at me with a "whoa, no way, chick's a hot little ripper". And I just nod and smile with a "yep, I know, that just happened". Also stoked to spend three weeks with her!








So that's pretty much it! We are all making some big travels today. Jules driving down from Fresno, Maria and I up from Encinitas, meeting at LAX. To board our 14.5 hour flights to Oz. We would love any prayers of safe travels for today and then next three weeks.

And on a final note, my motivation for this week. I don't want to make any guarantees but, there may or may not be a reenactment of this phenomenal video on a beach in australia... Just saying!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bri!

    You will be in Dad's and my thoughts and prayers everyday for a safe, exciting and adventurous vacation. Tell Julie hello for us and toast her 21st b-day for me. Maybe Maria will give you a few secret tips on surfing so you will can be an awesomely good surfer:)

    Looking forward to your next blog.

    Love, Mommy and Daddy

    ReplyDelete