Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Where is my bed?

I am fighting every urge to curl up on the modern concrete floor under the massive wood conference table right now.  

Last night the accounting team took us out to Korean BBQ, which was delicious again.  This was a slightly different style and included new items such as raw cow liver and stomach lining.  Neither of which I would ever recommend to someone.  The flavor of both was salty but the texture was unreal.  The raw liver was like a squishy dense beet which doesn’t seem bad until you remember it is the raw insides of a cow and blood.  The stomach lining was chewy like calamari, not as bad as the liver and much easier to just swallow with a swig of beer.

Shoes were required to be removed, even for my hobbit feet



We were also invited to the CG media premier for their new product by the Managing Director.  Despite working for a golf company, I want to have nothing to do with golf.  However, MR was virtually frothing at the mouth the anticipation at the sheer mention of the event so I know declining was not an option.  The event was at a virtual golf facility and was invitation only to VIP press and Korea sponsored golf pros.  Another work perk wasted on me.  I was hoping to just be the awkward American lurking against the wall, but the company had other plans for me.  Instead, I was placed in one of the Pro-Am groups and expected to play.  

Oh Lord, it could not have been more embarrassing.  For starters, I don’t think anything says I am good at golf like a flowy H&M top and high waisted Urban Outfitters denim.  But if that some how magically fooled people into thinking I actually stood a chance in the game, they were quickly corrected the second I stepped up to the fake grass to tee off.  How many times can a person swing and not hit the ball? 5 that’s how many.  Which it probably could have been more if it wasn’t for the direction of MR to aim below the ball.  Nothing like impressing sponsored golf pros and fellow colleagues with my inability to actually play golf.   People keep looking at me quizzically – "How long have you worked for CG?"  Me – 5 years.  Them – “And this is your first time golfing”.  Me – No, I am just this bad.
At one point I looked at the screen and saw my name and 6th next to it, which made me wonder how it was possible for me to be in sixth place when there were only 4 people on the team.  Once I made it to 8th, I realized it was the number of swings I had taken.  Luckily for me, that is when the embarrassment on each hole ended because the program wouldn’t let you swing past 8.  Anyways, we rounded out the night by playing 4 holes and I ended up +12 and that was with the hitting assistance of one of the Company’s fitters.

Tonight we have the following event to look forward to:

 Oh english as a second language.

And lastly, a new section I am starting called, what is MR eating today -

Fried Chicken Chips

White bread with a whipped cream strawberry filling

Who knows
   
Raw Liver and Stomach Lining

1 comment:

  1. I rather go vegetarian than eat the raw liver and stomach lining and me being a carnivore!

    ReplyDelete